Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Position offers employee benefits such as Medical Coverage/Dental Coverage/Vision Coverage/Life Insurance/Profit Share based 401K/Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage.
Want to be part of a company right on the brink of becoming a major player in the Oil and Gas product manufacturing services area? U.S. Military Veterans are preferred but not a requirement for a successful interview and placement into this great team environment. Being able to become a supportive team member dedicated to the overall quality mission of the company and its family-oriented environment is a key attribute for the successful candidate.
The company is willing to train the right person from the ground up as long as they have a great mechanical aptitude, a great attitude, can travel as needed, and truly want to be with something bigger than themselves.
Full-time positions available in several locations with a family-oriented business operating in a team-based environment.
Our client is an emerging leader in the Process Safety business providing engineered products, systems and technical services to the process and energy markets. Their success is dependent on our ability to quickly and safely meet the needs of those customers better than our competitors. This position represents an important function of the company as it exhibits a critical aspect of our commitment to provide quality services and products.
The Primary Responsibility will be to develop the required skills and knowledge that will contribute to the success and profitability of the company by timely, accurate, and thorough performance of the specified job functions.
This position adds value to the company by creating customer loyalty, helping control our resources, improve our efficiency, manage our valve automation / control valve work processes, and inventory levels to exceed customer expectations. This position will continue to grow in responsibilities as we add more service technologies.
This position can require periodic travel up to 50%. The company will train a qualified candidate for duties to include, but not limited to, shipping, receiving, managing inventory, general housekeeping and cleanliness of work areas, and safety. These skills will be used in both shop and field service environments.
This position requires a safety-oriented person who is both conscientious, detail focused, and willing to learn and grow within the company. The successful candidate will also be expected to work well in both individual and team settings which will be an important part of the candidate interview process.
This position can have openings in:
Salt Lake City, UT
New Berlin, WI
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Shipping & Receiving Process
- Receiving of all incoming shipments, to include: freight, UPS, FedEx, customer drop offs, employee pick-ups, etc., in a timely manner.
- Accurate record of items received through comparison of packing slip, purchase order, shop receiving slip
- Creation of SRF to include all pertinent information: proper sales territory, customer information, contact information, quantities, work scope, work type, etc.
- Creation of accurate VRO to include all pertinent information: Manufacturer Tag information, repair/test tag information, visible damage to valve parts.
- Staging of incoming shipments in designated areas, inventory in assigned location, valves in teardown/test only areas.
- Pick up of valves at local customers.
- Pull new reset orders and repair parts first thing in the morning. Repeat first thing after lunch (if required). Write date due in marker, not pen.
- Verification of paperwork and items being shipped are pulled correctly.
- Proper packing/skidding of materials being shipped.
- Proper use and understanding of shipment methods: will call, freight, delivery, UPS, hot shot
- Timely shipping of items after receipt of paperwork
- Timely and accurate shipment of parts for field service jobs, to include parts list, using SRF, Google calendar
- Delivery of valves to local customers.
- Accurate storage of inventory in correct bin locations
- Accurate receiving and shipping counts with inspection for damage/defects
- Cycle counts completed in a timely manner at least 3 times a week using company approved forms
- Maintain clean shipping and receiving area, no clutter, empty boxes, and broken skids, this will include an end of the day clean up.
- Dusting of shelves and sweeping floors in the inventory area
- Safe and neat storage of all items related to department, to include: items in process, boxes, skids (usable and unusable)
- Snow removal and salting of ice in parking lot, building entrances, and walkways
- Light bulb changing for burnt out bulbs throughout building.
- Proper PPE must be worn in shop areas and when using tools.
- Eye wash stations to be flushed weekly and documented.
- Fire extinguishers to be inspected monthly and documented.
- Be responsible for prompt and accurate inspection of control valve and actuation components
- Be responsible for assisting on service calls to customer sites as required
- Interface with the internal departments and customers as necessary to facilitate/expedite the handling of special orders or requirements and to ensure orders are completed accurately
- Be responsible for designing and maintaining files related to products, assemblies and repairs provided for our customers
- Be responsible for identifying, tagging, and reporting defective products
- Field work requiring travel is approximately 50% of this position
- Read and apply VRC PROTX safety manual
- Gain product knowledge by completing hands-on and classroom-based required training
- Assist with maintaining a neat, safe and organized work area including inventory and bench areas
- Prepare and submit requested reports in a timely manner
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Assist with operation of the warehouse including shipping, receiving, and overall warehouse organization
- High School Diploma and strong math, accounting, and organizational skills/aptitude
- Or 2 Years Post-Secondary Education in a certified logistical/warehousing program
Other Position Requirements:
- Or 3 Years previous direct logistical/warehousing experience
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs repeatedly
- Pass drug and alcohol screening and will be involved in a drug testing program as part of employment
- Pass background screening both criminal and work history as determined by management at time of application
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage processes in an organized and efficient manner
- Be able to communicate comfortably and well with all levels of the organization
- Team Player willing to work as a member of a team to accomplish goals
- Strong math and accounting skills/aptitude
- Strong computer program skills/aptitude
- 50% or less providing service at customer sites
- Observe all Safety Policies and immediately stop work when unsafe work conditions are present
- Be responsible for maintaining a good working relationship with internal customers (co-workers)
- Adherence to all applicable procedures and policies
- Be responsible for accurate and timely documentation as required
- Inform management promptly of any factors beyond your control that inhibit the effective performance of the defined responsibilities
- Maintain current work instructions and provide updates as necessary
- Review respective procedures for continuous improvement on a regular basis
- Willing to assist in other areas/departments as directed
- Willing to cross-train in other areas/departments as directed
- Work as a member of a cohesive team
Successful candidates will be able to display:
- Shop and Field Services Supervisor
Current employees who are good at this job display:
- Attention to Detail
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving
- Focus on Quality
- Cost and Inventory Management
- Decision Making Effectiveness
Current employees who are great at this job display:
- Customer Service
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Focus on Safety
- Team Effectiveness
- Customer Relationships
- “Can Do” Attitude
- Focus on Productivity and Quality
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.